Safe Harbor Rescue Mission is excited to announce that we are starting a new social enterprise. The owners of the O My Soap Company have graciously extended an offer to help us start our own soap making business. This business will also be an extension of our Day Shelter ministry. Day Shelter clients will be given the opportunity to sharpen their job skills by being trained in different aspects of our soap and body scrub business.
Although, still in the planning stages, we are so excited about this new journey that God is leading us on that we just had to share the news!
Because you are so faithful to partner with us, we would love to offer you the opportunity to “Name that Soap Business”. Get creative, give our new name some thought and prayer and see what you and God come up with. Then send us your ideas. It’s that easy!
If your creative juices just aren’t flowing but you’d still like to help us get started, we have a list of start up items that are needed. Contact email@example.com for more information about this list.
Most importantly, we ask that you join with us in prayer that God will use this business to build His Kingdom for His Glory! We want our business to be the King’s business.
“To help the needy and hurting through Christ-centered assistance and services.”
“To provide a Christ-centered community where women can work to rebuild their lives through immediate and long-term programs.”
Model of Mission from Jesus Christ
- We believe that Jesus Christ’s mission, as stated in Luke 4.18-19, is our mission.
- We believe our motivation to serve must come first from our love for God, and then our love for our neighbor.
- We believe that prayer, the Word of God, the Holy Spirit, and the ministrations of the Body of Christ are effective for true life change.
- We believe in faithfully following God in obedience, trusting Him for the results.
Model of Ministry from Jesus Christ
- We believe and desire that the same unconditional love and compassion that we have received through Jesus can flow through us to others.
- We believe in a grace-based approach in our interactions with our stakeholders, blended with bold truths and principles from the Word of God.
- We believe that the Body of Christ throughout our community is our best partner in ministry to the needy.
- We believe that as Christ focused on healing the whole person, it is important for us to minister to the whole person. Christ is our Champion in discerning the needs of the people and meeting those needs – physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual.
Model of Leadership from Jesus Christ
- We believe that the board of directors individually and corporately, as well as staff and volunteers, should model Christ’s example of service to others.
- We believe that His Spirit dwells within us as believers and that, as we stay in communion with Him through prayer, He guides us by wisdom and His Word for direction and decision-making.
- We believe that as Jesus’ one desire was to do the will of the Father, so our one desire is to do the will of the Father. As members of the Board of Directors, we look to Him to show us where and how to lead and minister – not taking our cues from man.