We are excited to share our Student Volunteer Opportunities for Safe Harbor Rescue Mission. Our student volunteers are appreciated and valued. We want to increase awareness and help students learn that simple acts of giving, caring, and sharing make a difference in the lives of others, especially the less fortunate. We believe strongly in the act of serving others.For more information please contact SHRM Volunteer Coordinator, Christie Clary, at 828-326-7233 or Christie@safeharborrescuemission.org.
OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
- Day Shelter Childcare Assistant Females 18+ (This makes it possible for our women to participate in Bible study and parenting classes.) Volunteer will assist Day Shelter Staff. 9am-10am OR 2pm-3pm 1hr. M-F, 1-2 person(s), each time slot, per day.
- Storage Room/Inventory Volunteer Females 18+ – Organize supplies and donations. Take Inventory of new donations. 1 Hour every week, Weekdays only. Volunteer will choose the day!
- ReSource Warehouse and Gallery Volunteers Males 16+(Guyswe NEED you!) and Females 16+ – Unloading/sorting donations, cleaning donations for sale, reorganizing displays, handyman skills, organizing areas within the warehouse, pricing. Open: Tues.-Sat 10am-5pm. We are asking volunteers to serve 2-4 hours weekly, volunteer chooses the day/time.
- ReSource Arty Party Room Volunteers Females 16+ – Are you crafty, creative, and someone who enjoys working with children? Children (and even some adults) make crafts using all supplies in Arty Party room. For $5, each individual can use all craft and art supplies located in our “Arty Party” room for one hour. They make whatever their creative minds come up with and take it home. Wednesday or Saturday 12pm – 3pm
- ReSource donation pick-ups Males 16+ -This is an “as needed” volunteer position for those that may be available at the various times donation pick-ups are needed. We do not expect everyone to be available every time we ask. The more individuals who can help the easier it will be to find someone who is available. We will put you on an email/call list.
- Teen males and females to help with …… work. J Occasional yard work, automobile clean up, sanitizing Toys in Day Shelter’s children’s playroom, washing windows, help with projects, etc.