We love our volunteers!
St. Luke’s youth group-helping out at the apartments. January 2015
Safe Harbor Rescue Mission is to excited share our volunteer opportunities with you!
Individuals being led into service at Safe Harbor are prayed for and together we will seek out the perfect place of service as He, the Father, sees fit. All direction and influence comes from a genuine place, as the prospective new volunteer and the Volunteer coordinator will seek the will of God and look together at all options. It is for His Glory and His Kingdom that we share His unfailing love, grace, mercy, and hope with the woman he has placed at Safe Harbor Rescue Mission. For more information please contact: Volunteer Coordinator: Christie Clary at 828-326-7233 or Christie@safeharborrescuemission.org
- Front Office– Answer phones and questions about our programs. Answer front door, process mail, clerical help, editing, help with donation intake, inventory and receipts. Front Office volunteers are most times drivers too. See Below:
- Driver– Drive women in our programs to appointments, ReSource (work), school, errands, mail drops. Safe Harbor vehicles are available to drive. Needed for Whole Woman Recovery Program and Day Shelter.
- Career Coaching– Professional and interviewing skills, review career options with women’s experience and giftedness.
- New Day Program Volunteer – This volunteer opportunity includes Childcare (not all volunteers assist with childcare) during group devotion and learning/class times. This makes it possible for the Day Shelter clients that are mothers to participate in bible study and other classes or activities uninterrupted. You will care for and watch the children. We have a children’s playroom and a fully furnished Baby room.
- A New Day Program volunteer will assist Day Shelter staff as needed. You will assist Day Shelter women when asked and as needed, help prepare lunches, and drivers are also needed and welcomed.
- Mentor– Close spiritual friend and confidant for women of both Day Shelter and Residential Programs. A Residential Mentor requires more time commitment and training is required.
- Storage Room/Inventory Volunteer– Organize supplies and donations. Take Inventory of all new incoming donations and log price values.
- ReSource Warehouse and Gallery- There are many ways to serve at ReSource. Unloading/sorting donations, moving furniture, handyman skills, Gallery upkeep and straightening. *Great Needs: 1-Teenage and adult men to help throughout the week. Preferably scheduling in 2-3 hour increments, once a week for each individual. 2-We are looking for volunteers to train on our cash registers. This would not pertain to a brand new volunteer, but would be an opportunity once a volunteer has become acclimated with ReSource and our pricing and protocol.
- Prayer Partner– Requires the commitment to lift up Safe Harbor Rescue Mission and the women in each of our programs and staff every day in prayer. Our Prayer Partners will receive a monthly email with a Calendar of specific daily prayer requests. Prayer Partners allows everyone a place of service at Safe Harbor regardless of address, work schedules or personal circumstance. If you have a strong desire to serve and support Safe Harbor but are unable to be here physically, we have a place for you! Anyone can be a Prayer Partner, Staff, donors, and volunteers!